Friday, January 11, 2008

OPPs

It is 4:30 in the morning, and I am worried. About three years ago I started a program to help me deal with emotional overeating. It helped me so much. I went there to lose weight, and found out I am crazy. My problems were one thing, but what I will call OPPs (other peoples problems) were causing me to get really out of control. I found myself at a better place last fall. Things were normal, or normal enough, and I did not think I needed to do that work anymore. This week OPPs have reared their ugly heads again, and I want Triscuts and cheese. The whole box of Triscuts and a block of sharp cheedar cheese. I know that Triscuts and cheese will not fix my problems or OPPs. Now, how do I get back to sleep?

2 comments:

Mom's the Word said...

When I'm in that mood, I like to take a long, hot bath. First of all, you can't eat in the bathtub (or you shouldn't). Second, something about getting all hot and raising your body temp. makes you not want to eat much.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

I ate carrots and celery with fat free dressing. Then went back to bed. The bath is a good idea, I'll try it next time.