Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Butt on TV

Four hours of gardening today including compost turning and mowing. Great work out. Ate right again. Trying to think of something interesting or inspirational to write, but I am too tired. Maybe that is what I should be working towards, being very very tired at night so I sleep well.

Oh, I've got it. I found a way to keep myself from eating at night. L installed cameras to video or just live feed the stuff that is going on outside our house. We have a criminal in our neighborhood and someone stole gas from my truck over the weekend. Anyway, there were two cameras left over. He put one in the kitchen facing toward the living room and one in the living room facing down the hall. At 8:30 pm I turn it on and show the live feed of the hallway on the living room TV. This keeps the boys in their beds, bonus. Second bonus. The camera is sitting on the floor point slightly up. Just at butt level for me as I walk across the room. Have you ever seen you butt on a large screen tv when you are 30 pounds overweight? Not pretty. It will really make you lose your appetite.

4 comments:

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Seeing oneself on camera is a shocking, shocking event, at least for me. OK, I know I'm not petite. Not even average any more. But, wow! I was So shocked at a recent photo of me, especially as I thought the outfit was particularly flattering. I'm also a gardener struggling to lose weight, so I'll be checking back in!
~ Monica

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Hi Monica, yes it is shocking and motivating as well.

Anonymous said...

I too am trying to loose weight, aren't we all? I fast one day a week, and have lost 16 pounds so far. I don't think that I could watch a video of my butt though, I'm not ready for that!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

vonlinafin, I don't think I could fast even one day a week. The veggies are helping though. Congratulations on the 16.